What We Know
- AirPlay Instagram from iPhone: Connect iPhone & TV to same WiFi → Launch Instagram app → Sign in → Open Control Center on iOS → Click Screen Mirror icon → Select AirPlay-compatible TV → Start Accessing.
- AirPlay Instagram from Mac: Turn on your MacBook and TV → Connect them to the same WiFi → Open a browser → Visit Instagram website → Go to Control Centre → Click Screen Mirroring → Select TV → Start Streaming.
By default, Instagram lacks AirPlay support. But that doesn’t mean you can’t watch reels and videos from your iPhone to your TV. You can use the built-in screen mirroring feature on your iPhone or Mac to watch Instagram on an Apple TV or AirPlay 2-enabled TV. For this purpose, connect your Apple device and TV to the same WiFi network.
In this article, you will learn to screen mirror Instagram reels and live from your iPhone or Mac to an Apple TV or Smart TV.
How to Screen Mirror Instagram from iPhone
 Ensure that your TV and iPhone are connected to the same WiFi network.
 Enable AirPlay on Apple TV (Settings > AirPlay and HomeKit > Turn on AirPlay).
 Launch Instagram on your iPhone after installing it from the App Store.
 Sign in with your account and play a video on the Instagram app.
 Select the Screen Mirroring icon from the Control Center of your iPhone.
 Select your TV name and enter the AirPlay code that appears on your TV screen.
 You are now ready to access anything on the Instagram app on your TV through AirPlay.
After streaming the reels, turn off AirPlay on your iPhone to stop mirroring your iOS device to the TV.
How to AirPlay Instagram from Mac
 Ensure your TV and Mac are connected to the same WiFi network.
 Check whether you enabled AirPlay on your TV.
 Open your preferred web browser on your Mac.
 Type the URL of Instagram’s official website in the URL text box.
 Login with your account credentials on the Instagram website. Play an Instagram reel or any video.
 Tap the Control Centre icon at the top menu bar and select the Screen Mirroring option.
 Select your Apple TV or Smart TV from the list of devices.
Once connected, you can view Instagram on your TV using screen mirroring. When your macOS is not in use, it is recommended to turn off AirPlay on your Mac.
How to Screen Mirror Instagram to TV Using HDMI
If your Smart TV is not AirPlay compatible, you can use the Lightning to Digital AV Adapter and an HDMI cable to screen mirror Instagram on your TV.
1. Plug the Lightning cable of the adapter into the charging port of your iPhone.
2. Connect the TV and the Adapter using the HDMI cable.
3. Now, go to the Source Settings on your TV and choose the HDMI port to which you have plugged the cable as an input source.
4. Once done, you can see your iPhone screen mirrored on your TV.
5. Open the Instagram app on your iOS, scroll reels, and watch on TV.
Yes. You can watch Instagram Live on your Apple TV or Smart TV using the Screen Mirroring feature on your iPhone or Mac.
The AirPlay icon is missing on Instagram as the app does not have built-in AirPlay support.