What We Know
- To Airplay Crackle iOS device: Turn on TV > Connect iOS & TV to same WIFI > Launch Crackle app > Sign in > Play content > Click Screen Mirror icon > Select your TV > Start watching.
- To AirPlay Crackle from Mac: Turn on MacBook and TV > Connect them to the same WIFI Network > Open Safari browser > Visit Crackle website > Login > Select and Play a title > Tap AirPlay icon > Select your TV > Watch content.
Crackle is a standalone streaming service that allows you to access iconic and hit movies from film libraries, premium TV series and shows, and Crackle originals on your favorite devices for free. If, in case, you don’t want to install the app on TV but still prefer streaming it, you shall watch them via AirPlay on your Apple or AirPlay 2-supported TVs such as Samsung TV, LG TV, Vizio TV, etc. Anyone can AirPlay Crackle from iOS and Mac to watch their favorite comedy, drama, thriller movies, and series on the TV screen.
How to AirPlay Crackle from iOS Devices
(1) Turn on your Apple TV or AirPlay-compatible TV.
(2) Connect your TV and iPhone/iPad device to the same WIFI network.
(3) Access Control Centre by swiping down from the right side corner of your iOS device.
(4) From the Control Centre, enable the Screen Mirroring icon by tapping on it.
(5) Select your Apple or AirPlay-compatible TV from the list of devices.
(6) You are ready to start streaming the content of Crackle after the pairing of devices.
(7) Now, launch the Crackle app on your iOS device.
- If you don’t have the app, install it from the App Store.
(8) Select and play your favorite content of Crackle on your iOS device to mirror it to your TV.
Note: Any iOS or Mac users can further learn to AirPlay Vudu movies & TV shows from iPhone, iPad, & Mac.
How to AirPlay Crackle from MAC
(1) Turn on your AirPlay-compatible TV and MacBook.
(2) Check whether both devices are connected to the same WIFI connection.
(3) Open the Safari browser on your Mac.
(4) Visit the official website of Crackle on your Mac.
(5) Sign in to your Crackle account by entering your login credentials.
(6) Select and play the content of Crackle to mirror on your Apple or AirPlay-compatible TV.
(7) On your Mac, click on the AirPlay icon at the top of the screen.
(8) Select your AirPlay-compatible TV from the list of available devices.
(9) Start mirroring the content of Crackle on your Apple or AirPlay-compatible TV.
Note: Is the AirPlay Icon Missing on iPhone, iPad, & Mac? You shall learn to troubleshoot and fix up the issue.
How to Fix Common Video Playback Issues on Crackle while AirPlay
Video playback issues are one of the common problems experienced by Crackle users while trying to AirPlay the contents of Crackle to their TV.
- Playback issues appear due to buffering or freezing devices due to slow download speed and poor internet connection. Try to improve the signal strength by rebooting and resetting the router.
- You should have a minimum download speed of 9.0 Mbps for streaming HD content. If your net speed goes less than that, contact your ISP.
- Make sure that your devices are connected to the same network.
- Reduce interference from other nearby devices by turning off cellular data and Bluetooth.
- If you are using any Ad blockers, disable them while using Crackle, as Crackle is an ad-supported streaming service.
- While using a browser to stream the contents of Crackle, make sure that your browser is updated with the latest software version.
If the playback issues remain and you find difficulty in AirPlaying the contents of Crackle on your TV, you can submit your Request Form to the support team via the Crackle website. The support team will contact you to resolve your queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can watch the contents of the Crackle service via the Crackle app, which is available to download on App Store for Apple TV 3rd generation and 4th generation.
Currently, Crackle is available to stream only in the United States and its territories. However, you can stream the contents of the Crackle service on your browser by using a reliable VPN service.