What We Know
- AirPlay from iOS: Open BT Sport app → Play an event → Tap AirPlay icon → Select Apple TV → Enter AirPlay code → Start watching.
- AirPlay from Mac: Visit BT Sport website → Play a sports event → Click AirPlay icon → Choose Apple TV → Enter AirPlay code → Stream on TV.
- AirPlay to Android TV: Open BT Sport app → Play an event → Tap AirPlay icon → Select Android TV → Enter AirPlay code → Watch on TV.
BT Sport is a popular sports subscription service where you can watch live sports and recorded events. Rather than watching sports events on iPhone, iPad, or Mac, AirPlay BT Sport to Apple TV or other AirPlay 2 compatible TV. Alternatively, you can use an HDMI cable to play content from your iPhone to your AirPlay 2-enabled Smart TV.
How to Enable AirPlay on Apple TV
It is essential to turn on AirPlay on Apple TV to wirelessly stream content from your iOS or Mac.
1. Press Home on your TV remote and go to Settings.
2. Select AirPlay & HomeKit Settings from the list.
3. Turn ON AirPlay.
How to AirPlay BT Sport from iOS to Apple TV
1. Connect your iOS and Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the BT Sport app on your iPhone/iPad from the App Store.
3. Find and play the sports event you want to AirPlay to your Apple TV.
4. Tap the AirPlay icon in the lower right corner of the media player.
5. Choose the Apple TV from the list of available devices.
6. Enter the AirPlay code on your iOS that appears on your TV.
7. Once paired the AirPlay icon on the media player will turn blue. Start watching BT Sports on your Apple TV.
If you finish streaming BT Sport, turn OFF the AirPlay on your iPhone to stop screen sharing.
How to AirPlay BT Sport from Mac to Apple TV
1. Connect your Apple TV and the Mac to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the Safari browser on your Mac and visit the website.
3. Play your favorite sports event and tap on the AirPlay icon found at the bottom right corner of the video player.
4. Choose your Apple TV from the drop-down box.
5. When the AirPlay code appears on your TV, enter it on your Mac.
Enjoy streaming BT Sport on your Apple TV. Once you have finished streaming, turn OFF the AirPlay on your Mac to stop watching.
How to AirPlay BT Sport to Android TV
AirPlay feature is available only on selected Android TV models which are listed in the AirPlay compatible devices webpage. On checking the list if you find that your Android TV is AirPlay-supported, you should enable AirPlay on your Android TV to proceed with the steps.
1. Connect your iOS and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the BT Sport app on your iOS device from the App Store.
3. Play a sports event and tap the AirPlay icon at the bottom right corner of the media player.
4. Select your Apple TV from the list of available devices.
5. If asked enter the AirPlay code on your iOS device that appears on your TV.
Alternative Method to AirPlay BT Sport to Android TV
If your Android TV is not AirPlay – Supported you can pair your iPhone and TV using Lightning to Digital AV Adapter and the HDMI cable. You can also use a Lightning to VGA Adapter and VGA cable.
1. Connect the Lightning to Digital AV Adapter to the charging port of your iPhone.
2. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the adapter and the other end into the HDMI port on your TV.
3. Go to Input Settings on your TV and choose the HDMI port which you just plugged in the cable.
4. Play a sports event and stream it on your Android TV.
How to Stop AirPlay BT Sport on Your TV
After watching the sports events, turn off the AirPlay on either of the AirPlay-connected devices.
1. Open the BT Sport app on your iOS device.
2. Tap on the Blue AirPlay icon on the video player.
3. Click on the Smart TV to which you are casting the video.
Now the streaming content on your TV will be stopped and will resume on your iOS device.
How to Fix BT Sport AirPlay Not Working
Sometimes AirPlay may not work due to some errors on devices or apps installed. AirPlay will not connect or keeps disconnecting from the device, you may not hear the audio or the screen might turn black all of a sudden. Such things happen when your network was unstable, temporary malfunction of the device, or outdated firmware of the AirPlay-connected devices. In these situations try these DIY fixes to resolve the error.
1. Change your network to a stable one.
2. Remove obstacles that block the AirPlay signal between your AirPlay-connected devices.
3. Reinstall the BT Sport app.
4. Update your Apple device and the Smart TV.
5. Restart your AirPlay-connected devices.
Yes, BT Sport is available on Apple TV, you can download it from the App Store.
You can BT Sport from a maximum of two devices simultaneously using one account.
BT Sport has a total of three subscription plans. The standard pack cost $23.05 per month, the Big Sport pack sport cost $55.60 per month and the VIP pack costs $97.31.