- Screen Mirroring Akai TV:
- Screen Mirroring to Akai TV from Android: Enable the Screen Mirroring feature→ Go to the Notification Panel → Hit the Cast icon → Select Akai TV → Start mirroring.
- Mirror to Akai TV from iPhone/iPad: Turn On the AirPlay feature on the TV → Launch the Control Center → Click the Screen Mirroring icon → Pick Akai TV → Done.
- Mirroring on Akai TV from Windows: Enable Screen mirroring on TV → Click the Action Center icon → Launch the Windows Action Center → Click Connect → Select Akai TV → Start mirroring.
- Mirror on Akai TV from Macbook: Unlock your Mac → Launch Mac Control Center→ Tap the Screen Mirroring icon→ Choose Akai Smart TV → Done.
- Screen Mirroring Akai TV without WiFi: Use an HDMI cable and the relevant adapter to screen share the content without WiFi.
- Screen Mirroring Akai TV with the app: Use Screen Share app on Akai WebOS TV to mirror the content from Android.
Akai Smart TV is an affordable smart TV that comes with tons of premium features, including screen mirroring and AirPlay 2 features. With these smart features, you can share the content from your smartphone/PC to the smart TV by connecting all devices to the same WIFI connection. Apart from the modern Akai Smart TVs like Android, Fire, and webOS, you can also Screen Mirror the content on your old smart TVs by using the HDMI cable and the relevant adapter. From this article, you will learn how to screen mirror your smartphone/PC to the Akai Smart TV.
How to Screen Mirror to Akai WebOS TV
Akai Smart TVs running on webOS offer support for both Chromecast and AirPlay. The highlight is that Akai webOS TV comes with a built-in screen-sharing app. You can make use of this app to screen share content from Android devices to Akai webOS TV. But that is not the case with Apple devices. You should enable the AirPlay feature on the Akai webOS TV to replicate the Apple device screen to the TV.
Screen Mirroring to Akai WebOS TV from Android
1. Turn On the Akai WebOS TV and make sure it is connected to the same WIFI network as your Android device.
2. Press the Home button to launch the home screen of Akai WebOS TV.
3. Following that, head to the Apps section and find the Screen Share app.
4. Once found, click the app to launch the Screen Share app on the Akai TV.
5. Your TV will display various prompts to make the device ready for screen mirroring.
6. Now, get your Android device and pull down the Notification Panel.
7. Following that, click the Cast/Smart View icon and wait for a few moments till the Android phone displays a list of devices.
8. From the shown list, pick your Akai webOS TV and play any content on the TV.
You can now start watching the streamed content on the TV. Using the before-given procedure, you can mirror your Android screen to a TV.
Screen Mirroring to Akai WebOS TV from iPhone/iPad
1. First and foremost, use the same WIFI network to connect Akai WebOS TV and your iPhone or iPad.
2. Fetch your Akai webOS TV remote and press the Home button to go to the Home Dashboard.
3. Select the AirPlay tile on the Home Dashboard on the TV screen.
4. Following that, move to Apple AirPlay and HomeKit settings and click on AirPlay to enable the feature.
5. Once enabled, get your iPhone or iPad and launch the Control Center on the Apple device.
6. Following that, click the Screen Mirroring icon. Your iPhone or iPad will search and display the devices available for screen mirroring.
7. Choose your Akai webOS TV from the shown list.
8. Enter the AirPlay code displayed on your Akai TV to start screen mirroring.
Once the connection is made, stream your favorite program or movie on your iPhone or iPad and enjoy streaming your favorite content on the big screen.
How to Screen Mirror to Akai Android TV
Akai Android TVs come with built-in Chromecast support. So, you can easily directly replicate the content from Android and PC to Akai Android TV. You can use the screen-sharing app on the Akai Android TV to initiate the screen mirroring process. Fortunately, there is also support for AirPlay on Android TV. You can now enable the AirPlay feature on the TV and do screen mirroring from iPhone or iPad to TV flawlessly using my instructions. Without any further delay, let us dive into the procedure.
Screen Mirroring to Akai Android TV from Android
1. Switch On Akai Android TV and move to the Home screen.
2. Before proceeding further, connect your TV and Android device to the same strong WIFI network.
3. Get back to the Home screen and choose the Apps tile from the left panel.
3. The App List will open on the TV screen with all the available apps.
4. Look for the Miracast app and choose the right application.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts to make your Akai Android TV ready for screen mirroring.
6. Now, swipe down the Android screen to open the Notification Panel.
7. Click the Screen Mirroring icon and pick your Akai Android TV.
Once done, your Android device’s screen will be mirrored to Akai Android TV. Play any on-demand content from your Android smartphone to watch it on the TV screen without installing any streaming app on the TV.
Screen Mirroring to Akai Android TV from iPhone/iPad
1. Confirm that your Akai Android TV is turned On and connected to the same steady WIFI network as your Android device.
2. Move to the Home screen and navigate to the Apps tile on the left panel. You will be taken to the App List, where you can find all the available apps on the TV.
3. From the App List, click on the AirPlay app.
4. Your TV screen will show the prompts, which you can use to prepare your Android TV for screen mirroring.
5. Now, get your iPhone or iPad and launch the Control Center on the device.
6. Hit the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Akai Android TV from the drop-down menu.
You can now perform screen mirroring your iPhone to TV to watch your desired shows or movies on a big screen.
How to Screen Mirror to Akai Fire TV
Many Akai Fire TVs come with support for screen mirroring. However, you should enable the necessary settings on the Akai Fire TV to initiate the process without any trouble. Go through the following procedure to connect both devices and start screen mirroring from iPhone or Android devices to your Fire TV smoothly.
Screen Mirroring to Akai Fire TV from Android
1. Press the Power button on the Akai Fire TV to turn it On.
2. Once turned on, connect your Akai Fire TV to the same internet as your Android device.
3. Tap on the Home button on the Fire TV remote to return to the Home screen.
4. On the Home screen, click the Settings tab and choose the Display & Audio settings.
5. Under Display & Sounds, select the Enable Display Mirroring option to enable the screen mirroring feature on the TV. Moreover, your TV is now capable of screen mirroring from smart devices.
6. Now, pull down the Android screen to launch the Notification Panel.
7. Following that, click the Cast icon so your Android device will scan and display all the nearby compatible devices.
8. Finally, pick your Akai Fire TV and wait till the connection is established.
As soon as the connection is done, you can watch popular programs or movies from your Android to the Akai Fire TV. The best part of this screen mirroring is you do not have to reenter the credentials to stream the content on the Fire TV.
Screen Mirroring to Akai Fire TV from iPhone/iPad
1. First and foremost, turn On your Akai Fire TV and use the same WIFI network to connect both your Fire TV and iPhone or iPad.
2. Move back to the Home screen and click the Settings tab.
3. Under the Settings menu, scroll through and choose the Display & Sounds settings.
4. Select the Apple AirPlay & HomeKit option, followed by AirPlay to enable the feature on the TV.
5. Once enabled, your TV becomes ready for the pairing process.
6. At the same time, open the Control Center on your iPhone or iPad by swiping down the screen.
7. Click the Screen Mirroring icon on the Control Center menu.
8. Finally, select your Akai Fire TV from the popup menu appearing on the screen.
Using the above procedure, you can do screen mirroring on your Fire TV from your iPhone without worrying about storage space.
Screen Mirroring to Akai TV from Windows PC
Windows PC users can screen share the content to a Chromecast-enabled Akai TV using the following instructions. Before you continue with the procedure, make sure you have turned On the necessary settings on the Akai TV.
1. First and foremost, keep your Akai TV and Windows PC under the same strong WIFI network.
2. From the taskbar, hit the Action Center icon to launch the Windows Action Center.
3. Click the Connect option from the pop-up menu.
4. Lastly, choose your Akai Smart TV to make the connection and start watching your desired content on the TV screen from a Windows PC.
Screen Mirroring to Akai TV from Macbook
You should enable the AirPlay settings on the TV to start screen mirroring from the Macbook to the TV. Once enabled, you can use the steps below to perform screen mirroring from Mac.
1. Get your Macbook and connect the device to the same WIFI network as your Akai TV.
2. Launch the Mac Control Center and hit the Screen Mirroring icon.
3. Your Macbook will look for compatible smart devices and display a list.
4. Finally, select your Akai Smart TV and establish the connection.
Now, you can mirror the Mac screen to Akai Smart TV and watch the on-demand content from Mac to TV.
How to Screen Mirror to Akai Smart TV Without WIFI
Old Akai TVs do not offer support for screen mirroring. In that case, you need to use the wired connection to bring support for screen mirroring on these TVs. Another key point to note here is you can do this screen mirroring without a WIFI connection. To start off, you will need a Lightning to HDMI adapter to mirror the content on the TV from Apple devices. If you are an Apple user, you should use a USB-C to HDMI adapter to perform screen mirroring.
Note: You can also improve the screen mirroring quality using a wired connection.
1. Get and use a good quality HDMI cable to initiate screen mirroring.
2. Insert one end of the cable into Akai TV’s HDMI port and the other end into the adapter.
3. Plug the Lightning or USB-C cable into the charger port of your Android or iPhone. Check and confirm the connections are firmly done.
4. Lastly, change the source settings to HDMI on the Akai TV.
3 Best Screen Mirroring Apps for Akai TV
If you wish to do screen mirroring on incompatible Akai TV models, you should go for third-party apps. Since there are plenty of apps available on the app store, it can be hard for you to choose the suitable one for your TV. To ease the process, I have provided three great apps you can consider for screen mirroring on the TV below.
Screen Mirroring App
While I was using various apps for the process, the Screen Mirroring app worked effectively for me. Using this app, I could mirror the device’s screen to the Akai Smart TV without hassle. You should only make sure to connect both devices with the same WIFI connection. The best part is that it addresses the most common issue people face during screen mirroring. That is to say, you can expect a great viewing experience because of its support for HD display.
Google Home is a great screen mirroring app for Android and iPhone. The app worked well for casting my Android screen on the Akai TV. The Google Home app supports multiple devices for casting without compromising on privacy. The surprising factor was the app is also great for screen mirroring from an iPhone. Without any worry, you can stream your desired streaming platform from your iPhone to the Akai TV screen.
LetsView is a free screen mirroring app for iPhone and Android that allows you to screen mirror the content on the TV easily. With a user-friendly interface, you can navigate through the app and initiate the screen mirroring process with ease. Apart from screen mirroring, this app also enables you to transfer your files and photos from your smart device to Akai Smart TV. Advanced features like whiteboard and recording make the app stand out from the rest.
Troubleshooting Screen Mirroring Not Working on Akai TV
Occasionally, you can encounter various issues while doing screen mirroring. While the problem can occur because of minor bugs or signal interference, you can consider our troubleshooting measures to rectify the problem in minutes.
- Try using a steady WIFI network to prevent lagging issues and do screen mirroring flawlessly.
- Check whether the required settings like AirPlay or Screen Mirroring are enabled on the Akai TV.
- Use a wired connection for smooth screen mirroring if a wireless connection is at fault.
- Disable the Screen Time and Bluetooth settings to avoid signal disruptions.
- As a last resort, try restarting both devices to fix the issue.
Yes. Akai TV has built-in Chromecast support in select models. You can easily cast the content from your Android to these TVs.
Yes. You can use an HDMI cable and relevant adapter to do screen mirroring on Akai Smart TV without a WIFI.