Sometimes, you may find errors like no sound, video keeps lagging, or black screen issues which may lead to AirPlay not working on Vizio TV. The primary reason for this issue will be an unstable internet connection. It can also happen due to technical glitches, outdated firmware, or temporary files/bugs. However, such problems can be easily fixed by following the troubleshooting methods.
Causes for Vizio AirPlay Not Working
Using the AirPlay on Vizio Smart TV is the easiest way to screen share something from an Apple device. But, here are some of the key factors that interrupt the connection.
- If any of the devices, including iPhone/iPad/Mac or Vizio TV are not up-to-date
- Unstable or no Wi-Fi connection
- Using incompatible Vizio Smart TV
- Software malfunction issue
- If there is an outage in the app while streaming
How to Fix Vizio AirPlay Not Working
In case you experience this issue, there is a basic checklist that needs to be verified. This would help to fix the issue by identifying the cause. By doing so, we can ensure that the error won’t happen again.
Check Vizio TV Compatibility
Is VIZIO TV AirPlay compatible? Yes, it is, but not all the models of VIZIO TV are compatible.
If your VIZIO TV AirPlay is not showing up, there are chances for a TV to be incompatible. Therefore, check whether the AirPlay 2 and HomeKit feature is enabled on your TV. The list of VIZIO TV models that are AirPlay 2 compatible is listed as follows,
- VIZIO OLED (2020)
- VIZIO P-Series Quantum X (2019, 2020)
- VIZIO P-Series Quantum (2018, 2019, 2020)
- VIZIO P-Series (2016, 2017, 2018)
- VIZIO M-Series (2016, 2017, 2018)
- VIZIO M-Series Quantum (2019, 2020)
- VIZIO E-Series (2016, 2017, 2018 UHD models)
- VIZIO V-Series (2019, 2020)
- VIZIO D-Series (2018, 2019)
Check if AirPlay is Enabled
First, check whether the AirPlay feature has been enabled on the TV. If not, enable it first before proceeding further.
. To begin with, press the V or Home button on your remote to go to SmartCast home.
. Next, click on the Extras menu present at the top of the screen.
. Select the Apple AirPlay option and verify whether it is turned On. If it is On, try turning it Off and then On again.
Lastly, try casting content on the TV using AirPlay to see if the issue is resolved.
Check Devices are Connected to the Stable Network
If AirPlay on VIZIO TV is not working, there is a high possibility of an improper network connection. Therefore, it is essential to check whether the WiFi connection is stable, as both devices have to be connected to the same network. If the AirPlay still does not work, try to power cycle your router/modem.
. To begin with, turn off your router by pressing the Power button and disconnecting all the cables to the router.
. Wait for 30-40 seconds and proceed further by plugging all the cables back.
. Now, turn on your router/modem and wait until the network connection becomes stable.
. If the network connection is improper even after restarting your router/modem, contact your Internet service to fix the issue sooner.
Update Vizio Smart TV and Apple Devices
To have a smooth user experience, we should make sure that the firmware of the TV and the iOS device should be up-to-date. Updating a system would help the devices fix bugs and glitches, improving the performance of the devices as well.
Update Vizio TV
. Press the V button on your remote and navigate to the System tab on the Settings menu.
. Click on the Check for Updates option.
. If any update is available, it will be displayed, and you can proceed with downloading it.
. The TV would restart automatically after updating the software. Now, check if the issue is resolved.
Update iOS Devices
Your Apple device software must be iOS 12.4 or later.
Devices that can update to iOS 12.4 or higher are iPhone 6/6 Plus and later, iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 5S, iPad Pro, iPad Air and later, iPad 5th generation and later, iPad mini 2 and later, iPod Touch 6th generation and macOS Mojave 10.14.5 or higher.
. Make sure your iPhone/iPad is connected to the charger.
. Connect the device to a stable network, and navigate to the Settings tab.
. Select the General option, and scroll down to the Software update option.
. Now, check if the device is up-to-date. If not, proceed further by clicking on the Download and Install option.
Clear Cache Data
Some temporary cache files might also stop VIZIO AirPlay from working. In such cases, clearing the cache might help.
- To do so, go to the Home Screen by pressing the Home button on your remote.
- Now navigate to Settings >> Apps >> System App.
- Select the AirPlay app and click the Clear Cache. Proceed by clicking the OK button.
Restart the Devices
Sometimes, AirPlay may keep disconnecting if plenty of apps running in the background which can consume more storage. Due to this, VIZIO TV AirPlay may be showing content missing or any error messages. To fix this, force close the app you are using and launch it again after a few minutes.
Restart Vizio TV
. Disconnect your VIZIO TV from the power supply and wait for 60 seconds before proceeding further.
. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds when the device is off. It is to drain all the residual power from the device completely.
. Now turn on the device and check if the AirPlay on Vizio TV is working fine.
Restart the Apple Device
Restarting the iOS device might vary depending on the devices and the versions.
- iPhone/iPad – Press and hold the side or top button, and swipe to turn off the device. Now, hold the same power button to turn on the device.
- Mac – Apple Menu > Restart.
No AirPlay Code on VIZIO TV
AirPlay Code lets users connect to their TV by typing the code into their Apple devices. If the VIZIO AirPlay Code is not showing up on the TV, it will cause VIZIO TV AirPlay to not work.
. To check whether the feature is enabled, go to Settings >> AirPlay >> Onscreen Code and turn it On.
. Now, try connecting to AirPlay, and you will receive a code to connect to AirPlay via the iOS device.
Ensure Devices are Connected to the Same WiFi
Both devices must be connected to the same WiFi network to mirror your screen or share content from apps on Apple devices to VIZIO TV.
. On Vizio TV, press the Menu button and select Network >> Network Connection >> Wireless. Check your network name.
. Similarly, go to Settings >> Wi-Fi on your Apple device to check its connected network.
All these steps will allow you to overcome the AirPlay not working issue on VIZIO TV. If it doesn’t fix the issue even after trying the above-mentioned methods, try factory resetting your TV as it might help. If the issue is prolonged, the final option is to reach out to Apple Support for help.
Reset AirPlay on Vizio TV
Whether the AirPlay option or code is not displayed on your Vizio TV when trying to connect with your iOS device then you can try resetting the AirPlay settings on your TV.
- 1. Long press the Home or V button on your Vizio TV remote.
- 2. Go to the Extras option in the menu.
- 3. Scroll down and tap on the Apple AirPlay option.
- 4. Then click on the Require Code option.
- 5. Choose the Reset Paired Devices and confirm it.
Factory Reset on Vizio TV
If the above methods failed to work, you try to reset the Vizio TV. It will bring your TV to default so it may look like a new one. Resetting the Vizio TV takes only 2 minutes for the complete process.
- 1. Tap on the Menu button on your Vizio TV remote.
- 2. Choose the System option and select Reset & Admin.
- 3. Then tap on the Reset TV to Factory Defaults option.
- 4. If the TV asks for the code, enter the default code as 0000 When you did not set the code.
How to Enable AirPlay on Vizio TV
If you accidentally turned off the AirPlay Feature on the Vizio TV, you can power on the AirPlay feature on Vizio TV with simple steps.
1. Long press the Home or V button on the remote.
2. Search for the Extras option on the top and launch it.
3. Scroll down and tap on the Apple AirPlay option.
4. Enable the AirPlay option and the AirPlay icon will pop up at the top.
5. Then set the Require Code for the first time and the AirPlay feature will be enabled on Vizio TV
Turn off your AirPlay on your iPhone when you do not use it to avoid this issue. To turn it off go to Extras >> AirPlay >> Off.
If your Vizio TV has SmartCast option then it supports screen mirroring. While the SmartCast feature has both Miracast and AirPlay features in it.