What We Know
- AirPlay from iOS: Enable AirPlay on Apple TV→ Open Prime Video → Play a title → Tap AirPlay icon → Choose Apple TV → Enter AirPlay code → Watch on TV.
- AirPlay from Mac: Enable AirPlay on Apple TV → Open Prime Video or visit its website → Play a title → Click AirPlay icon → Select Apple TV → Enter AirPlay code → Stream on TV.
- AirPlay to Android TV: Enable AirPlay on Android TV → Open Prime Video → Play the content → Tap AirPlay icon → Choose Android TV → Watch movies on TV.
- AirPlay without WiFi: Connect the Adapter to iOS → Plug the HDMI cable into Adapter and TV → Go to Input Settings → Choose HDMI port → Install Prime Video on iOS → Play a title and Stream on TV.
I prefer the AirPlay method to watch Amazon Prime Video on my Smart TV. It helps me stream series and movies instantly without installing the app on the TV. To AirPlay Prime Video, connect your Apple device to the same WiFi as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible TV.
In this article, I will teach you how to AirPlay Amazon Prime Video to the Apple TV and Smart TV.
Amazon Prime Video Compatible Devices
To AirPlay Amazon Prime Video, ensure your device meets the minimum requirements.
- iPhone – Requires iOS 14.0 or later
- iPad – Requires iPadOS 14.0 or above
- Mac – Requires macOS 11.4 or higher
How to AirPlay Amazon Prime Video From iPhone or iPad
1. Connect your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV to the same WiFi as your iPhone/iPad.
2. Make sure to enable AirPlay on Apple TV. Go to Settings > AirPlay & HomeKit settings > Turn ON AirPlay.
3. Open the App Store on an iPhone or iPad and install the Amazon Prime Video app.
4. After the installation, click Open to launch it.
5. Sign in to your Amazon account using the username and password.
6. Select a title to play and tap the AirPlay icon.
7. Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV from the available connections.
8. Enter the AirPlay code to pair your device.
Watch the Amazon originals and movies on a big screen using AirPlay. You can turn off the AirPlay on your iPhone/iPad when not in use.
How to AirPlay Amazon Prime Video From Mac
1. Connect your Mac and Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Go to primevideo.com from the Safari browser on your MacBook or install the Amazon Prime Video app from the Mac App Store.
3. Hit Sign in and log in with the Amazon account credentials.
4. From the library, click on a title that you want to AirPlay.
5. When it starts playing, tap the AirPlay icon at the top-right corner of the media player.
6. Select your Apple TV or Smart TV name from the list of available devices.
7. Next, enter the code displayed on the TV screen.
8. By doing so, you can stream content from Prime Video. When you are done streaming, make sure to turn off AirPlay on your Mac.
How to AirPlay Amazon Prime Video to Android TV
1. Turn on and enable AirPlay on your Android TV.
2. Connect your iOS or Mac and the Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Prime Video app on your iOS and Mac from the App Store.
3. Sign in with the Amazon account.
4. Play a title and click the AirPlay icon on the video player.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Enter the AirPlay code that appears on your TV.
Once the devices are paired, stream Prime Videos series and movies on your Android TV.
How to AirPlay Amazon Prime Video Without WiFi
Download videos on Amazon Prime Video for offline watching, it helps you stream shows when your network is unstable to connect the AirPlay devices.
1. Connect the Lightning to the Digital AV Adapter to your iPhone charging port.
2. Plug the HDMI cable’s one end into the Adapter.
3. Plug the HDMI cable’s other end into the TV’s HDMI port.
4. Choose the Input or Source settings on your TV. ( Input setting on Android TV or Source settings on other Smart TV)
5. Your iPhone screen will be projected to the TV.
6. Install the Amazon Prime Video app or visit the Prime Video website on your iOS device.
7. Sign in to your Amazon account and play a title.
Enjoy streaming Prime Video shows on your Smart TV.
How to Fix Amazon Prime Video AirPlay Not Working
There may be several reasons why Amazon Prime Video AirPlay is not working on your Smart TV. It is because of a poor internet connection, device incompatibility, signal blockage, or outdated app or device firmware.
If this is the cause, you might encounter various issues, such as the video playing without audio, buffering, or displaying only a black screen. To resolve such issues, you need to follow these simple techniques.
- Check your network signal strength and speed. If 5 GHz is unstable, switch to a 2.4 GHz network or restart your router.
- Remove the obstacles that block AirPlay signals between an Apple device and a Smart TV.
- Disable the Airplane mode and the Auto-lock feature on your iPhone.
- Update the Prime Video app and the device’s firmware.
- Close the apps running in the background on your Apple device.
- Restart your Apple device and the Smart TV.
It is possible to AirPlay to Firestick, but you have to install any third-party apps like AirScreen or AirBeamTV app on your smartphone.
You can stream Prime Video on 3 devices using the same Amazon account and subscription.
Yes, Amazon Prime Video has parental controls to restrict Children from watching inappropriate content.