What We Know
- AirPlay from iOS: Enable AirPlay on Apple TV→ Open Prime Video → Play a title → Tap AirPlay icon → Choose Apple TV → Enter AirPlay code → Watch on TV.
- AirPlay from Mac: Enable AirPlay on Apple TV → Open Prime Video or visit its website → Play a title → Click AirPlay icon → Select Apple TV → Enter AirPlay code → Stream on TV.
- AirPlay to Android TV: Enable AirPlay on Android TV → Open Prime Video → Play the content → Tap AirPlay icon → Choose Android TV → Watch movies on TV.
- AirPlay without WiFi: Connect the Adapter to iOS → Plug the HDMI cable into Adapter and TV → Go to Input Settings → Choose HDMI port → Install Prime Video on iOS → Play a title and Stream on TV.
Want to stream Amazon Original Series on TV without installing any app on it? You can use Apple AirPlay. Amazon Prime Video has built-in AirPlay support, so you can watch movies and TV shows on Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible TV from an iPhone or Mac. This can be done by connecting both devices to the same WiFi network.
You need a valid Amazon Prime subscription to access the app. If you haven’t purchased it, go to the official Prime Video website and click on Start your free 30-day trial. It offers a free trial for new customers so you can cancel it anytime before the trial period for using it for free.
Amazon Prime Video Compatible Devices
To AirPlay Amazon Prime Video, ensure that your device meets the minimum requirements.
- iPhone – Requires iOS 14.0 or later
- iPad – Requires iPadOS 14.0 or above
- Mac – Requires macOS 11.4 or higher
How to AirPlay Amazon Prime Video From iPhone or iPad
1. Connect your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV to the same WiFi network as your iPhone/iPad.
2. Make sure to enable AirPlay on Apple TV. Go to Settings > AirPlay & HomeKit settings > Turn ON AirPlay.
3. Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and install the Amazon Prime Video app.
4. After the installation, click Open to launch it.
5. Sign in to your Amazon account using the associated username and password.
6. Select a title to play and tap on the AirPlay icon at the top-right corner of the video player.
7. Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV from the available connections.
8. Enter the AirPlay code to pair your device.
Watch the Amazon originals and movies on a big screen using AirPlay. But, ensure to turn off the AirPlay on your iPhone/iPad when not in use.
How to AirPlay Amazon Prime Video From Mac
1. Connect your Mac and Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Go to primevideo.com from the Safari browser on your MacBook or install the Amazon Prime Video app from the Mac App Store.
3. Tap Sign in and log in with your Amazon account credentials.
4. From the library, click on a title that you want to AirPlay.
5. When it starts playing, tap the AirPlay icon at the top-right corner of the media player.
6. Select your Apple TV or Smart TV name from the list of available devices.
7. Next, enter the code displayed on the TV screen.
8. By doing so, you can stream content from Prime Video. When you are done streaming, make sure to turn off AirPlay on your Mac.
How to AirPlay Amazon Prime Video to Android TV
1. Turn on and enable AirPlay on your Android TV.
2. Connect your iOS or Mac and the Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Prime Video app on your iOS and Mac from the App Store.
3. Sign in with your Amazon account details.
4. Play a title and click the AirPlay icon on the video player.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Enter the AirPlay code that appears on your TV.
Once the devices got paired, stream Prime Videos series and movies on your Android TV.
How to AirPlay Amazon Prime Video Without WiFi
Download videos on Amazon Prime Video for offline watching, it helps you stream shows when your network is unstable to connect the AirPlay devices. You can screen mirror your iOS device to the TV using an Adapter and an HDMI cable to watch the downloaded files.
1. Connect the Lightning to Digital AV Adapter to your iPhone charging port.
2. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the Adapter.
3. Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on your TV.
4. Choose the Input or Source settings on your TV. ( Input setting on Android TV or Source settings on other Smart TV)
5. Now, your iPhone screen will be mirrored on your TV.
6. Install the Amazon Prime Video app or visit the Prime Video website on your iOS device.
7. Sign in to your Amazon account and play a title.
Enjoy streaming Prime Video shows on your Smart TV.
How to Fix Amazon Prime Video AirPlay Not Working
There may be several reasons why Amazon Prime Video AirPlay is not working on your Smart TV. It may be due to a poor internet connection, device incompatibility, signal blockage, or outdated app or device firmware.
If this would be the cause, you might encounter various issues such as the video may play without audio, buffering, or displaying only a black screen. To resolve such issues, you need to follow these simple techniques.
- Check your network signal strength and speed. If you find it is unstable, switch to a stable network or restart your router.
- Remove the obstacles that block AirPlay signals between an Apple device and Smart TV.
- Turn off the Airplane mode on your iOS device.
- Update the Prime Video app and the device’s firmware.
- Restart your Apple device and the Smart TV.
It is possible to AirPlay to Amazon Fire Stick, but you have to install any third-party apps like AirScreen or AirBeamTV app on your smartphone.
You can stream Prime Video on 3 devices using the same Amazon account and subscription.
Yes, Amazon Prime Video has parental controls to restrict Children from watching inappropriate content.